Saturday, September 25, 2010

About Me!
Hi my name is Jay Gubbi; I am 13 years old. Tennis is my favorite sport, and I have been playing since I was 7 years old. I am a member of the USTA, (United States Tennis Association).  Here is some of the gear that helped me win most of my matches:

Racquet
 I own two racquets, both of them are made by Head. I love my Liquid Metal Prestige because it gives you control without sacrificing too much power. Since I am a 5'3 and 100 pounds, I cannot afford to waste any power I generate. :)




 Fun fact: The #3 Men's Tennis player in the world, Novak Djokovic, uses this same racquet.


Tennis Balls
All of the tennis balls in my house are Penn tennis balls. Even as a child, I always preferred Penns over any Wilson, or any other brands. They do not get worn out as quickly as the Wilsons, and they seem to be a little bit cheaper for the quality that they really do offer.

Shoes

Shoes are a very essential part of tennis. Without good tennis shoes, you are putting a huge risk on yourself for being injured on the court. Over the years, I have used many types and brands of tennis shoes, but the one that I like the most is the Adidas Barricade V. I like them because they offer durability and flexibility at the same time, a hard combination to find.



Good equipment may not be cheap, but will pay off in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment